Panchkarma department is the backbone of this hospital. This department conducts all the “karmas” mentioned in “Panchkarma.” There is complete availability of all the facility for carrying out all the Poorvakarms and Pradhankarmas. In addition to classical Panchkara, Keralite Panchkarma is also done here. More than 12000 patients visit this department and we perform more then 20000 therapies every year. In Panchkarma department various chronic and hard to cure diseases are treated by various Ayurvedic procedures with high success rate.
1. Snehana: (for dryness of exterior as well as interior body)
- External oleation (bahya snehana)
- Internal oleation (Abhyantar snehana)
2. Svedana: (for liquefication of doshas & to open channels)
- Bashpa svedana (steam bath)
- Nadi svedana
3. Vaman: Therapeutic vomiting is being done in department for-
- Bronchial asthma
- Chronic airway diseases (Bronchitis)
- Chronic sinusitis
- Lack of appetite
4. Virechana: Therapeutically purging is being done to cure
- Skin allergic disorders like psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema, rashes etc.
- Stomach & duodenal ulcers
- Aggressivity & testiness.
- Alcohol disease.
- Acute & chronic inflammation.
5. Basti: Therapeutical enema is being done for-
- Diseases of nervous system like paralysis
- Rheumatic & other diseases of spine & joints.
- High blood pressure
- Digestion disorders like IBS.
- Exhaustion states
- Disorders of falling & staying asleep
- Weakness of concentration
- Basti procedures available in department:-
- Niruh basti (Decoction enema)
- Anuvasana Basti (Oil enema)
- Brihmana Basti (Nutritive enema)
- Janu Basti
- Kati Basti
- Griva Basti are being given to cure various Vattik disorders successfully.
6. Nasya: Nasya is being used for
- Chronic headache & migraine
- Shoulder-arm syndrome
- Cervical vertebral syndrome
- Chronic inflammation of sinuses
- Diseases of neck, ear & nose region
- Sleeping disorders
- Nasya procedures available:-
- Virechana nasaya
- Nutritive nasaya
- Sedative nasaya
- Nasaya decoction are being practiced.
7. Rakatmokshana: Therapeutic blood-letting is done in:
- Skin allergic disorders
- Hyperacidity of organism
- Chronic lymph node enlargement
- Drug addiction
- Pitta disorders & blood diseases.
Besides these other facilities:-
- Shali-shashti Pind Svedana are being practiced.