Department of Shalya Tantra (General Surgery)
Among the different branches of Ayurveda, Shalya Tantra has its own place. This branch of Ayurveda deals with those disorders which require surgical interventions at some stage of the disease. Among the Ayurvedic texts “Sushrut Samhita” originally written by Acharya Sushrut forms the main basis of surgical knowledge which is beneficial and practiced till today.
Dayanand Ayurvedic College has a full-flashed, Department which is carrying as the work related to surgical disorders incorporating the modern surgical knowledge.
Faculty of the Department:
1. Dr. Davinder Kumar M.S(Ayu) Reader
2. Dr. Namarta Sharma M.S(Ayu) Lecturer
1. Clinical Activities
- Diagnosis and treatment of various surgical disorders with all modern facilities.
- Facilities for general surgery.
- Special Ano-rectal Clinic – Department is providing highly successful treatment with minimal recurrence rate for fistula-in-ano using “Kshar-sutra” (Medicated thread) method and “Kshar” application in bleeding piles.
- Urinary Clinic – Department is also running a special clinic for BPH (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia) and Urinary stone with high success rate.
- Different para-surgical procedures like blood-letting by leeches (Jaloka-Avacharan), venepuncture (Sira Vedha), scarification (Prakshana) & therapeutic burn therapy by thermal and strong alkali (Agni Karma & Kshar Karma) are also carried out in some specific disorders.
- Kshar Sutra training programmes and medico-surgical camps are arranged regularly.
2. Academic Activities :
Department is carrying out different seminars, group discussion, case presentations, special lectures, guest lectures for the benefit of students.