Department Of Stri Rog Vigyan
Dr.Renu Arora is the Head and Professor and Dr. Kusum Lata is Lecturer in the Department of “STRI ROG AND PRASOOTI TANTRA”. She has been working in the department of Stri Rog Vigyan since 1984 and has done an appreciable work by writing book covering both Ayurvedic and modern aspects. Dr.Renu Arora is regular invitee of Doordarshan and All India Radio, Jalandhar for a talk on Ayurvedic aspect of various diseases and topics in the field of Gynaecology.
In the department of “STRI ROG AND PRASOOTI TANTRA” various Gynae diseases have been treated.
- It has successfully treated Infertility with Ayurvedic procedures like-
- Vaginal douching:
- In this the decoction of various medicines are used to clean the vagina;
- This procedure is used not only for cleaning but it is anti-inflammatory and promotes healing
- It is used for multiple infections of vagina.
- Uttar Vasti:
- Uttar vasti is Intra-uterine Insemination of various medicated oils and ghrit (phalaghrit) which is very effective to tone up the uterus and even cures the cases of tubal blockage;
- It is an OPD procedure which usually does not require any sedation and
- It is just like hydro-tubation which is now a days frequently in practice by modern Gynaecologists.
- All the menstrual disorders like scanty menses, DUB (Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding), Amenorrhoea, Dysmenorrhoea are successfully treated with herbal Ayurvedic Medicines in this department. This treatment gives much more better results than hormonal treatment.
Faculty of the department:
- Renu Bala Professor (HOD) PHD (Ayu)
- Kusam Latta Lecturer MD(Ayu)