Department Of Dravyagunavijnana (Pharmacognosy & Pharmacology)
Faculty of the deptt:
Dr. Surinder Sharma MD (Ayu) Professor cum H.O.D.
Dr. Suman Panwar MD (Ayu) Associate Professor
Dr. Rohit Johari MD (Ayu) Associate Professor
Dr. Deepak Verma MD (Ayu) Assistant Professor
Highlight And Future Thrust Areas (In Accordance And Future Prescribed Syllabus By C.C.I.M.)
(Key: S-Syllabus, H-Highlights, FTA-Future Thrust Areas)
- Organoleptic (Macroscopic) Method
- Microscopic Method
- Chemical Method
- Herbal garden having 250 species, some important species are- Lavanga (Syzygium aromaticum), Dalcini (Cinnamomum zeylanicum), Marica (Piper nigrum), Pippali (Piper longum), Pasana bheda (Berginea sp.), Dhataki (Woodfordia fruiticosa), Banafsa (Voila odorata), Tezovati (Zanthoxylum alatum) etc.
- Besides market samples, drugs collected from high altitude, Joginder nagar (H.P), Solan (H.P) and Pathankot (Pb.)
- Dry and wet preservation.
- Plants preserved in formalin in their fresh state.
- Educational tours to various herbal gardens & wild plantation areas in different parts of the country.
- Herbarium includes 70 families.
- Photographs & Charts.
- Practicals according to designed Performa.
- Audio-visual methods
- Cultivation of more plants in herbal garden.
- Co-operation with other governmental & non-governmental organizations to acquire land for cultivation of plants.
- Development of green house.
- Development of herbarium.
- Controversial drugs.
4. S Classification & Grouping of drugs on different basis.
5. H Importance of different Classifications & Grouping mentioned in Samhitas and Nighantus. 330 dry drugs classified according to Ayurvedic Classification.
6. FTA Elaboration of classification
- Procurement of more dry samples
8.H 194 Compilations Documentations. Complete description of a plant according to Ayurvedic texts and research according to modern activities.
- Latest information displayed on Departmental Notice Board.
9. FTA Access to internet
10. S Principles of Ayurvedic Pharmacology (Rasapancaka) and Modern Pharmacology (Pharmaco-dynamics & Pharmaco-kinetics).
11. H Separate emphasis laid on Ayurvedic & Modern Principles.
- Teaching made effective & practical.
- Actions explained on the basis of Gurvadi Gunas & Tridosika Siddhanta.
- Clinical demonstration of drug action.
12. FTA Setting up a laboratory for demonstration & Rasapancaka.